Friday, September 25, 2009

Cocoon of Death

In the end, the words remain in my heart, unuttered,
As I see you walk away, becoming a distant dream.
Light fading away, becoming ever so smaller, fainter,
My outstretched hands lifeless, darkness takes over.

This placid facade conceals the tumult of my mind,
Reigns chaotic silence, a chilling cold blackness.
This life becoming a blasphemy against life itself,
Falling apart I am, lost in darkness without my light.

Enwrapped I am in this cocoon of death,
My world destroyed, empty I am.
All feeling gone, all comprehension lost,
In mind and heart, numb I am.

Lost are those happy feelings,
Lost is my refulgent self.
Gone with you, oh my light,
Is the very essence of self.

Ah those words still choked in me,
The tears dry, they drench my world.
Withdrawn I am into my shell,
Mocked by the dance of my own words.

3 comments: